Saturday, December 7, 2013

Two Thanksgiving Feasts and a New Baby

 

Above is our new Grand Niece, Amber born on November 23rd at 4:15 AM. Congrats to Heather and Ryan on their new addition to their family. I have been bad at picture taking but copied this picture from Heather's post on facebook. Isn't she a cutie. We got to see her on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We had Thanksgiving at the Park, which was great. The food was delicious. Then on Saturday we went to Kristi and Brocks for a second Thanksgiving. This works out good as some of the family have other relatives to visit and we get to see both our niece's and their families. Chris and Karol were there. Casey and Michael went to Parker for some hydroplane racing and so we missed them. There were about 23 or 24 people there, including some of Brock's family, Kristi and my Dad, and friends George and Felicia. More great food and talk and football to watch. Got to hold little Amber. She is only a week old and was born a few weeks early and so is still very small. She slept most of the time and I never hear her even cry once. Of course that won't last for long :) As I said I have been really bad about taking pictures. I'll have to get Joe to bug me about it at Christmas so I don't forget.

I did take pictures on a hike I went on. They have hikes for people at the Park every Tuesday. Joe wasn't up for a 4 mile hike and so I went without him. We went to Beauty Mountain which is on the way to Anza. The beginning of the hike is all up hill and I was huffing and puffing a little. The group maybe all 55 plus but these are no wimpy hikers. We stayed at a good fast pace with only a few stops to rest or have a snack.

 

 

 

 

Lots of great scenery and desert plants adding some color.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We continue to keep busy here at the Park, with volunteer work, meetings, waffle and pancake breakfasts, etc, etc. Last Monday we had a Craft Fair and Soup was sold with proceeds going to the Craft Room. I was one of seven people who made soup. It was the first time I have ever cooked anything for such a large group, with two large roasters full for each of the seven soups. I made, with Joe's help, a Corn Chowder, which came out very good. Lots of potatoes to peel and cut up, carrots, celery, onions as well. Interesting experience and one I would do again. Other yummy soups included squash and apple soup, turkey, chicken noodle, clam chowder, bean and split pea. There was also several different types of bread to go along with the soups. All the soups were gone by the end of the lunch. Escapees love to eat.

I happen to be looking through some blogs and noticed one about Jojoba Hills. It turned out that a couple we met, Randy and Pam Warner, at an RV Dreams rally back in 2009. It was when we were still working full time and we took a vacation to attend the rally that was in Kerrville, Texas. We figured out where they were staying in the park and when to visit them. Randy still works for a non profit while they full time and they have worked with Habitat for Humanity. A very interesting couple and it was nice to get reacquainted with them. Of course I didn't get a picture of them :( but they took one of us and added to one of their blog posts on the Roadrunner's Chronicles, which I copied for my post.

 

Our warm weather finally turned big time. The last few days or so have been very cold, getting down into the 30's. Even had some rain yesterday. Not quite cold enough for snow but close. Well, that's it for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment